As anyone who has ever tasted gluten free baked goods knows, food items without gluten just taste a little off. Let's me honest - they taste horrendous. BUT sometimes you find a gem and this recipe is one of those times!
1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
1/2 cup hazelnut flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 organic free-range eggs, beaten
1/2 cup organic expeller-pressed canola oil
1 14-oz can pumpkin
2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract
For sugar dusting:
Granulated cane sugar
1) Preheat the over to 350 and grease a donut pan
2) Mix all of the flour, sugar ( brown and white), baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and spices
3) Add the eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla until the batter is moist (don't worry if it is sticky)
4) Fill the donut pan until each section is almost full. Bake for 15 minutes ( or until a toothpick comes out clean)
5) In a zip-block bag mix sugar and cinnamon to taste.
6) While donuts are still warm place each donut in the bag full of the cinnamon sugar one at a time. Move the zip-block bag around so that the donut is fully covered is the sugar mixture.
recipe from http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2012/10/gluten-free-pumpkin-donuts.html